Welcome to GeoServer,

GeoServer is pretty large, and depending on what you need to do, you may be
able to focus on a smaller part of it (say, just the web map service).

The best "forum" for GeoServer use is probably this mailing list. You'll
likely get best results if you say exactly what you need to achieve, what
you've already tried, and what the results were (remember we can't see your
screen and we don't know what you've tried, so you need to describe it).
Then say what you expected to happen instead. Vague questions or things that
don't show any effort will likely get ignored in favour of questions that
don't take as much work to interpret.

If you'd prefer a web-based option, the GIS stackexchange site may work.
Same guidance on questions though.

Otherwise, there is pretty good documentation (docs.geoserver.org) and many
presentations from FOSS4G conferences and the like are available on video.
If you ask questions that are in the docs, you're using up credibility.

There are also professional training options, especially around the FOSS4G
conferences.

In the end, there is no substitute for having a test server and
experimenting to build up experience.

Once again, welcome.

Brad