Hi

I have a IIS site on port 80 and my geoserver on port 8080. I am using Windows
server 2012 R2 and Geoserver 2.5.1.

I would like to access geoserver on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/geoserver/ instead of
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/geoserver.

Using URL Rewrite in IIS I have created a ReverseProxyInboundRule with the
following settings:

Pattern: (geoserver/.*)
Rewrite URL: http://127.0.0.1:8080/{R:0}<http://127.0.0.1:8080/%7bR:0%7d>

This works okay as far as getting access to the administration site and getting
a capability request. But the capability request still refers to
localhost:8080, which isn't getting rewritten.

I found some posts mentioning an option to setup a "Reverse Proxy Filter" in
the web.xml, but I cannot find documentation on it and it seem to prevent
Geoserver from starting:

   <filter>
     <filter-name>Reverse Proxy Filter</filter-name>
     <filter-class>org.geoserver.filters.reverseproxyfilter</filter-class>
     <init-param>
       <param-name>enabled</param-name>
       <param-value>true</param-value>
     </init-param>
   </filter>

How should I configure my server to get this to work?

Regards, Casper