Hi list,

I will explain the process I followed to be clear what I did and did not:
I am uploading a shapefile in .zip format to GeoServer. This shapefile is a
point geometry file with EPSG:3857.
For the process I am using curl command like this:
curl -v -s -S -u admin:pwd -XPUT -H "Content-type: application/zip"
--data-binary @"c:\data.zip"
http://ip:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/field_id_test_sample_processor/datastores/job_id_sample_processor_source/file.shp?
Everything go smoothly (any warn from GeoServer) but when I go to the layer
preview and click on the new generated layer I get this:

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5295711/pic.png>

In the browser is displayed:
http://ip:8080/geoserver/web/null&format=application/openlayers

Then, checking the log I found:
2016-11-14 16:57:45,907 INFO [web.demo] - Could not set figure out
automatically a good preview link for
field_id_test_sample_processor:job_id_sample_processor_source
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.geoserver.wms.DefaultWebMapService.guessCommonSRS(DefaultWebMapService.java:671)
        at
org.geoserver.wms.DefaultWebMapService.autoSetBoundsAndSize(DefaultWebMapService.java:505)
        at org.geoserver.web.demo.PreviewLayer.getRequest(PreviewLayer.java:153)
        at org.geoserver.web.demo.PreviewLayer.getWmsLink(PreviewLayer.java:201)
        at
org.geoserver.web.demo.MapPreviewPage$1.getComponentForProperty(MapPreviewPage.java:85)
        at
org.geoserver.web.wicket.GeoServerTablePanel$4.populateItem(GeoServerTablePanel.java:211)
        at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.list.ListView.onPopulate(ListView.java:562)

I have tried:
Go to server: status/reload.
Restart GeoServer.
Add WKT EPSG:3857 code to epsgproperties file.

Is something that just happen when the shapefile is in EPSG:3857. Everything
works when uploading the very same shapefile in EPSG:4326 (this one is not
in GeoServer anymore).