Hi,
did you managed to solve your issues?
>From the latest log you sent us, it seems like the code is loading a very
old GDAL version around on your machine:
Quoting your log:
*Nov 16, 2016 10:33:11 AM it.geosolutions.imageio.*
*gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL INFO: GDAL Native Library loaded
(version: 1.7.3)*

Wondering if you have multiple installations of GDAL on your path, which
result into this kind of conflicts.
Can you double check by making sure that no other GDAL installations are
around on your machine, being referred by your PATH?
(You may want to search around for gdal*.dll)

If you are still unable to get things working, even after a cleanup of your
multiple installations, you may try using a different GDAL version.
Let me provide some instructions I have sent to another user which had
similar problems with Windows Server 2012 R2. He didn't provide me feedback
yet so I'm not sure if they are working (I don't have a Windows Server 2012
R2 machine to test it).

Pasting that email content here below:
GeoServer supports GDAL formats (such as DTED, ECW, MrSID...) through JNI
calls on the available GDAL C++ native libraries.
The C++ native libs are architecture-dependent. Indeed, you may find a wide
range of different GDAL windows native libs for the same version.
As an instance, 1.9.2 has win32, x64 available versions and, for each of
these 2 subsets, it has MSVC2003,MSVC2005,MSVC2008 and MSC2010 versions.

The MSVC20XX version represents the version of the Microsoft Visual Studio
C++ being used to build the libs by the GDAL development team.
Therefore, you should select the proper version of MSVC depending on which
MSVC redistributable binaries you have available on your OS.
The GeoServer documentation reports to use MSVC2010 just as an example.
Quoting the doc:
 *For example on a 64 bit Windows with 2010 Redistributables, download the
gdal-1.9.2-MSVC2010-x64.zip archive *

In addition, since the ECW and MrSID are third party formats, the GDAL team
developed a plugin based mechanism so those additional formats can be
installed through MSI and plugged via lookup on GDAL_DRIVER_PATH location.

I'm not an expert of all the combinations of Operating System and supported
MSVC redistributable versions but from the Microsoft MSVC redistributable
pages, I see some information of the System requirements.
MSVC2010: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523
MSVC2012: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
MSVC2013: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Checking the "System Requirements" section of the MSVC2013 page, it reports:
*Supported Operating System*

Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003,
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows
Server 2012, *Windows Server 2012 R2*, Windows Vista Service Pack 2,
Windows XP
whilst that "Windows Server 2012 R2" entry seems not present in other
MSVC(2010/2012) supported versions. Therefore, if you have configured the
PATH and GDAL_DRIVER_PATH correctly, that OS version not being reported in
the supported list may be the real issue. In the past, some users reported
indeed having issues with MSVC2010 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

If everything has been configured properly and you still have the issue, we
can consider trying the following procedure.
I have tried it on my Windows 8 (I don't have a Windows Server 2012 R2 to
test it) with Java8 64, Tomcat 8 and GeoServer 2.9,2 and it worked like a
charm.

As you have noticed, GDAL 1.9.2 version has no available libs being built
for MSVC2013 but GDAL 1.11.4 has them. Some GeoServer users already
reported success in using GDAL 1.11.4 instead of 1.9.2 and I have
successfully configured and rendered a DTED, a MrSID and an ECW on my
GeoServer 2.9.2 right now while testing these steps.

Here, the procedure:

Download the GDAL 1.11.4 version from GIS Internals, being built with
MSVC2013 64 bit plus the 2 msi installer for ECW support:
http://download.gisinternals.com/sdk/downloads/release-1800-
x64-gdal-1-11-4-mapserver-6-4-3.zip
http://download.gisinternals.com/sdk/downloads/release-1800-
x64-gdal-1-11-4-mapserver-6-4-3/gdal-111-1800-x64-ecw-33.msi

Open the first zip archive and copy all the .dll libs contained within
"bin" to some folder on your machine as an instance C:\gdalbins
>From the same zip archive, also copy the 4 .dll libs contained within
"bin/gdal/java" to the same folder (as an instance C:\gdalbins again)

Make sure that your tomcat setenv.bat contains this entry
SET PATH=C:\gdalbins;%PATH%

Let's check if the minimal set of GDAL formats is now working in GeoServer
(I suppose all GDAL jars have already being deployed on your WEB-INF/lib as
part of your previous investigations).
Restart Tomcat and check if you can see the DTED format in the stores->add
new stores menu.
Report back to this group if you can't see it, together with the available
logs.

If no issues since now, try configuring a DTED store and related layer and
check the layer preview.
You may find a sample DTED on geotools github:
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/plu
gin/imageio-ext-gdal/src/test/resources/org/geotools/coverag
eio/gdal/dted/test-data/n43.dt0

If everything is fine, let's move on with the external libs configuration.
Stop Geoserver.

Run the gdal-111-1800-x64-ecw-33.msi installer.

The installer usually put the libs on C:\Program Files\GDAL\gdalplugins.
(On Windows Server 2012 they may be installed on a different positions)
Anyway, just look for a gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.dll.
Once you find that, copy them on the same folder as before (as an instance
C:\gdalbins). That's not really mandatory but let's do that to have all
libraries within a common position.

Edit the setenv.bat file again and add this new setting:
SET GDAL_DRIVER_PATH=C:\gdalbins

Restart tomcat and check if ECW and JP2ECW are now listed in the "add
store" section.
If they are missing, please report back again, together with the logs
(geoserver.log, catalina and localhost).
Otherwise, try to configure a JP2K dataset using the JP2ECW format and
check if you can preview it.

Hope this helps.
Please, let me know.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 12:36 AM, mard123 <mar...@hume.vic.gov.au> wrote:

> Hi, I saw this in batch file still.
>
> ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:\Program
> Files\GDAL\gdalplugins\gdal_ECW_JP
> 2ECW.dll
> 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
>
> ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:\Program
> Files\GDAL\gdalplugins\gdal_ECW_JP
> 2ECW.dll
> 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
>
> Nov 16, 2016 10:33:11 AM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalfr
> amework.GDALUtilities
> loa
> dGDAL
> INFO: GDAL Native Library loaded (version: 1.7.3)

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

*AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.