GeoServer 2.10, RHEL 6

I cannot seem to get the InputTransparentColor configuration to work as
expected with my ImageMosaic layer. I have a mosaic of satellite imagery
(standard RGB, YCbCr JPEG compressed with overviews) tiled into a regular
grid of square tiles. Tile index is stored in PostGIS using a view. Tiles
are ordered (zindex column) so newest imagery ends up on top.

When two tiles overlap, the evil black nodata fringe of the top most layer
shows over top of the next tile underneath. I believe
InputTransaparentColor is intended to fix this. However setting it to
000000 actually results in a FULLY transparent image. Not an exception
response, an actual transparent png.

The granules do not contain an alpha band, raster mask, or nodata values.
The nodata sections are actually fully black pixels.

Any ideas?

[image: Inline image 1]

Jason Newmoyer
Newmoyer Geospatial Solutions