While integrating a new map element I hit an odd behavior, and wanted to post here before entering a bug report.  I had created a GeoTiff based store, and created a layer using it.  This was working fine, but I then replaced the actual file with an updated version with different bounding coordinates.   I then edited the layer and attempted to update the coordinates, but the original values continued to be shown.  Even when I updated to use the SRS based limits, the layer was drawn at the original location.  The only way I was able to get it to recognize the change was to edit the store and change the underlying tif file.

Should geoServer recognize the boundary change in this type of store automatically?  If not, is there some standard process that should be used to refresh the store to the new values?