Thanks for the assistance.

I will look into logging an issue for this.

For the record, the use cases for this capability are:
- In the case where there are two polygonal coverage layers containing
large jurisdiction boundary polygons, when zoomed far in (so that the map
extent is fully inside the polygons), the polygon labels are both at the
centre of the map image and one is obscured.  By offsetting the labels up
and down the goal is to show both
- On a web map where the client displays point features with clients-side
icons, when the map is zoomed to a point feature, the icon is displayed in
the centre of the map extent, and obscures the jurisdiction polygon
label(s) underneath it.  Goal is to make the label visible by offsetting it.

@Ian Turton <ijtur...@gmail.com>  Not sure your idea will work because the
label needs to be place dynamically anchored at the centre of the rendered
image (not fixed at the polygon centroid)?