Hi Peter

Le 25/01/2019 à 20:15, Peter Smythe a écrit :
Perhaps you can update the documentation at https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/styling/sld/extensions/z-order/example.html with the lessons that you have learnt, especially the memory impact and the multiple queries.  Then we can all benefit from your experience.

If you are not familiar with contributing on GitHub, send me the changes in a Word document and I will gladly help you.

Not very familiar indeed, but enough to contribute I guess.
When this project is over I'll have more time to document things and give afterthougts. I'm not sure that the impact of multiple FeatureTypeStyles on memory would fit in the z-order documentation though. This is a more fundamental concept of GeoServer. Maybe this problem of FTS and memory is not even a subject for the documentation, but maybe a good subject for a blog post for instance.

I remember reading a documentation page on the subject, but can't get my hand on it anymore. There was a drawing of multiple drawing canvas being merged together. Maybe this was in relation with composition, but even there I haven't found anything...

Arnaud