Dear Brad,
Thanks for quick response.
1. I am deploying GeoNode 2.4 version which has customized version of
GeoServer which is 2.7.4. So I can not upgrade to higher version of
GeoServer.
2. In database after uploading shape file 9f type polygon , i have verified
geom column type it showing as property with multi polygon. As per my
understanding when we are publishing postgresql table in Geoserver 2.7.4,
some have misinterpreted the-geom type and it is showing as Geometry and
assigned default point SLD. Only problem is compatlblity of Geoserver 2.7.4
with postgresql 10.6 and. PostGIS 2.5.2

So if we know In Geoserver which part of code vetifies and asdigns the
the_grom type we can chbage/fix the code.

Kindly help me in this regards

Thanks,
NARESH