I'm looking at implementing geofence on a 2-node clustered geoserver
instance with a requirement of using sqlserver 2017 (if using a database,
we might be able to get away with an embedded db, but I'm unsure how that
would work with h2).
I've been trying to find the hibernate-spatial-sqlserver artifact with a
version that geoserver uses, but so far no dice, it seems the geoserver
project has released it's own versions that I have been unable to find the
sources of (I assume there have been some changes wrt. JTS 1.15.x for
current releases of geoserver and maybe some other things that I can't
think of...

I've found the 1.1.1 version at
http://www.hibernatespatial.org/repository/org/hibernatespatial/hibernate-spatial-sqlserver/1.1.1/
which
includes sources, and some of the other database flavours at
http://maven.geo-solutions.it/org/hibernatespatial/
I can probably:
- port the 1.1.1 sqlserver code to JTS 1.16 and
- produce some sql to create the schema,
but I'm unsure if that would be enough.

Any help, suggestions or pointers would be appreciated.

Mark

ah wait... there's https://github.com/geosolutions-it/hibernate-spatial1 that
has 1.1.3.1

--
Disclaimer;
This message is just a reflection of what I thought at the time of sending.