Tomcat 9
Ubuntu 18.04 LST
Driver: https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-42.2.6.jar
cp postgresql-42.2.6.jar tomcat/lib

<Resource name="jdbc/postgres"
      auth="Container"
      type="javax.sql.DataSource"
      driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
      url="jdbc:postgresql://IP_DB:PORT_DB/NAME_DB"
      username="USER_DB" password="PASS_DB"
      maxTotal="5"
      initialSize="0"
      minIdle="0"
      maxIdle="8"
      maxWaitMillis="10000"
      timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="30000"
      minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="60000"
      testWhileIdle="true"
      validationQuery="SELECT 1"
      maxAge="600000"
      rollbackOnReturn="true"
    />

Regards
Pablo

El mié., 4 sept. 2019 a las 1:31, Humphries, Graham (<
graham.humphr...@stategrowth.tas.gov.au>) escribió:

> I have found it convenient to configure the datastores as JNDI datasources
> that are defined in the Tomcat configuration. This enables using connection
> pooling enabled at the application server level.
>

> It is also much easier to move data between environments as you can
> configure the datasources in each environment using the same names so the
> datastores work with no extra configuration.
>

> In Tomcat the datasources can be configured in
> <TOMCAT_HOME>/conf/context.xml like this (for Oracle):
>

> <Resources cachingAllowed="true" cacheMaxSize="100000" />
>

>    <Resource name="jdbc/brm"
>
>              auth="Container"
>
>              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>
>              url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@<servername>:<port_no>/<servicename>"
>
>              driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
>
>              username="<username>"
>
>              password="<password>"
>
>              initialSize="10"
>
>              maxTotal="100"
>
>              maxWaitMillis="20000"
>
>              validationQuery="SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL" />
>
> </Resources>
>

> Cheers,
>

> Graham H.

 [image: skype] [image: linkedIn]