From: Nikola Jankovic <nikola.janko...@eodc.eu>
Sent: 01 October 2019 10:57
To: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
<geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Geoserver-users] Geoserver authentication with keycloak issue

Hello all,

I am trying to connect geoserver with the keycloak community module following
the guide
https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/keycloak/index.html,
however I am facing some difficulty in doing so.

After adding the keycloak adapter to the web filter chain to protect the Web
Admin GUI, the requests aren't being being redirected properly to the keycloak
sign in page, and I get an Invalid parameter: redirect_uri error. I notice in
the URL that it is trying to redirect to HTTP instead of HTTPS (keycloak only
allows HTTPS and is configured accordingly). When I add HTTPS manually to the
redirect_uri parameter in the URL then it redirects properly. HTTPS is
configured currently with an NGINX redirect. Is this a configuration issue with
Geoserver? I've tried setting the proxy base URL but that doesn't seem to help.

Specs:
Geoserver 2.15.0 running in a docker Container on Ubuntu 16.04
openjdk version "1.8.0_212"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_212-8u212-b01-1~deb9u1-b01)

If you need any more information, I will try to provide it. Thank you for
taking the time to read and look into the issue.

Sincerely,
Nikola