First of all, thanks to everybody for the precious suggestion and time you
took to help me.

So, I have a bit of a doubt now about how to speed up this vecor tile
service after your considerations.

I think the best would be to drastically reduce the number of points at low
zoom levels where they are too dense.
I am talking doing this server-side: should I define a new SLD style with
such zoom-based rule and associate it with my layer then reseeding?
Also, if this is the way to go, how can I reduce the number of points at low
zoom level based on their density (something that another software called
tippecanoe can do as explained  in this blog
<https://blog.mapbox.com/mapping-extremely-dense-point-data-with-vector-tiles-4052eb409e78>

)?

Also, I saw something about Rendering Transformation and PointStacker, but I
am not sure this is the right way to go, as to my understanding the server
will still need to process data all the time they are requested before
sending them to the client (am I wrong?)

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html