I have GS2.17.0 (running on one of 4 Ubuntu 20.04 VMs behind Apache running on
the host also Ubuntu 20.04)  and I found the Select All check box does not
check all the boxes beneath it on the Stores form. (If that is what you mean)

Ubuntu: 11.0.7 (OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM)
Tomcat 9

I also check the Layers, Layer Groups and Workspaces and it is the same. It is
not a problem for me as I only have a few layers but happy to test anything if
people tell me what needs testing?

Looking at the Workspaces source code for the Select All check box it has;
<thead>
<!-- The select all checkbox -->
<th><input type="checkbox"
name="table:listContainer:selectAllContainer:selectAll" id="idd9"/></th>
<!-- This is a repeater, will generate one th for each property -->
<th><div>

and father up;
Wicket.Ajax.ajax({"u":"./org.geoserver.web.data.workspace.WorkspacePage?17-2.IBehaviorListener.0-table-listContainer-selectAllContainer-selectAll&filter=false","m":"POST","c":"idd9","i":"ajaxFeedback","e":"click"});;

Russ