I don't think that bug does relate to this - but the WMTS standard (like
other OGC standards) mandates case insensitivity for keys in KVP requests,
so to make life easy we uppercase them all when storing them (this makes
finding duplicates and later lookups more efficient). So I would raise a
bug with MapBox.

You could add a patch to the GeoTools code to only uppercase "well known"
parameter keys but I suspect that would break things down the chain with
cascading too.

Ian

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 at 05:55, Brad Hards <br...@frogmouth.net> wrote:

> I’m not 100% clear on what you are trying to do, but it looks like you are
> possibly trying WMTS cascading. That is, you are trying to use GeoServer as
> a WMTS client.
>

> If that is the case, you are probably hitting
> https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOT-5999
>

> That was fixed more than two years ago in
> https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pull/1873
>

> It is probably a good idea to upgrade in any case – 2.12.0 is well out of
> support.
>

> Brad

Ian Turton