I don't think that your issue is the same as the one you link to, that is
to do with changing times to UTC before storing them, where as yours is a
formatting issue. If you are storing the date as a timestamp then the
formatting of the getFeatureInfo is controlled by the freemarker template.
>From a quick look at the documentation (
https://freemarker.apache.org/docs/ref_builtins_date.html#ref_builtin_date_datetype)
it looks like you need to use something like ${aDate?iso_utc}

Ian

Ian Turton