Hi Pierric,

I'd say this is related to the encryption of the postgis password. You'll have to redefine it. It has already happened to me.

I'm doing this by memory, but I think it should work :

1) go  to the folder of your postgis datastore

2) remove, in datastore.xml the line about the password

3) reload geoserver

the datastore should be visible now. Just open it and set the password. It should be enough to get back all your layers

Best,

Jean

*Jean Pommier -- pi-Geosolutions*

Ingénieur, consultant indépendant