That message is probably coming from Line 506 of the JSONReader
<https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/blob/master/src/extension/importer/rest/src/main/java/org/geoserver/importer/rest/converters/ImportJSONReader.java#L506>
and implies that the code for this operation hasn't been written yet. So
you either need to write some code and submit a PR or find a commercial
company <http://geoserver.org/support/> to provide that service for you.

Ian

Ian Turton