Hello all,

The issue has been already briefly discussed here
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/270368/geoserver-getlegendgraphic-without-x-mark/389699?noredirect=1#comment638286_389699
 but as that was already three years ago, I would like to get an update: is
there really no way to exclude the red cross for No Data -values from the
legend graphic provided by GeoServer (with GetLegendGraphic-request)? That is,
of course, with the no data values still transparent on the map. Maybe somehow
in the layer definition with background values, input and output transparent
color, null values and/or minRange?

We have an application with many different raster mosaics  from GeoServer and
currently we need to maintain their legends separately with an image processing
software. The legend provided by GeoServer, with all it's configuration
parameters, would be the optimal solution and save us from a lot of redundant
work, but the red cross is incomprehensible to the users and, frankly, not very
pretty. I can see no point in having it on the legend, as no red cross is shown
on the map. Would it be possible in some future release to, instead of showing
the cross for ColorMapEntries with zero opacity, simply leave them out of the
legend altogether? Or maybe make it optional so that it is left out if no label
is provided?

Thanks,
Sam