Von: mark <mc.pr...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Samstag, 10. April 2021 14:57
An: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [Geoserver-users] Problem with SLDs exported from QGIS - implement
symbol libaries

Op 09-04-2021 om 14:20 schreef Erik Böhm:
> Dear list,
>
> as it is pretty convinient, we are using QGIS to style our layers and
> export the SLD to be used in GeoServer. This works fine in pretty simple
> cases.
>
> Right now we try to use the standard "Dense"-Symbologie from QGIS,
> overlaying a polygon with a hatch of points. This is represented in the
> SLD as <se:WellKnownName>brush://dense6</se:WellKnownName> or
> <WellKnownName>dense6</WellKnownName>, depending on which type of SLD
> you use.
>
> When using the SLD in GeoServer, the style works, as the polygons get
> coloured in the way they should, but the hatch of points is not rendered.
>
> The SLD has no validation error and the GeoServer Log shows no error either.
>
> We figured out, that the 'brush'-symbol libary is not available on
> GeoServer, and therefore the <WellKnownName> is not rendered.
>
> If we are right on this one, is there in general a way to implement the
> QGIS symbol libaries on GeoServer?

unfortunately "brush" is not that well known

WellKnownName sybols are coded in factory classes in
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/tree/main/modules/library/render/src/main/java/org/geotools/renderer/style

and hold a limited sets of symbols. I thing you would need to create a
"BrushMarkfactory" that provides for "brush://" and will return the
shape "dense6" when requested.

The known Mark factories are listed in
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/main/modules/library/render/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org.geotools.renderer.style.MarkFactory

atm I don't think there is any way to use "symbol libraries" without
coding -  I have no idea what those look like for qgis;
there are ways around this by modifying your style using eg. an external
graphic for the pattern mark (eg a TTF or SVG symbol) instead

As noted on
https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/styling/qgis/index.html the
project is interested in improving support for QGIS generated styles,
but it needs funding.

-M