From: Broking, Brian R <br...@psu.edu>
Sent: 07 September 2021 16:31
To: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Geoserver-users] Geoserver Binary or Src in air gapped Env

I am trying to get Geoserver running on a Stand Alone/Air gapped machine (no
internet access) and hoping I can be provided some pointers.

I have a Virtual Machine with Internet access and have confirmed on RHEL 8
GeoServer Binary will run just fine.  But as soon as I put it on a Stand Alone
machine it starts but I get a 504 error just trying to get to
http://localhost:8080/geoserver.

I have tried looking through the start.ini, the xml files, everywhere I can
think off.  But I am missing something.  The error basically says jetty has not
started.  And I have tried to unzip start.jar to see what might be in there.
However, I just can not find what is requiring the Internet or the answer from
the internet to actually start.  If someone could point me in the direction to
strip out the Internet requirement I would appreciate it.

Thank you for any assistance,
Brian Broking