Hi Nicola,
I'm not 100% sure to have fully understood your current configuration.

When you say:
*Now I need to create image mosaic reading different cog files from a
single directory.*

Are these files on a local directory or in a remote azure path?

If you have gdal utilities around, what is the output of a "ogrinfo -al
yourshapefile.shp"?

I think you are right and you are having an imagemosaic index based on
shapefile with locations referring local data on disk with paths relative
to the imageMosaic dir. (see the 655.tif granuleLocation which is not a COG
Remote URL)

For dynamic operations involving REST calls and imageMosaic index updates
it's better to have a DB based imageMosaic index.
You could setup a PostGIS DB and have the datastore properties referring to
that DB when doing the REST config.
Let us know if you have troubles in setting up imageMosaic on DB.

Note that there is also a tutorial to switch from an ImageMosaic based on
local files to an ImageMosaic with the very same files being COG files
somewhere on S3 or remote server.
https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/cog/update.html

So, if you already have local files as well as the same files on azure, you
might want to try that approach too which means:
- first configure an ImageMosaic based on datastore.properties with
granules as local files.
- Then update a few properties and the DB index to switch using COG remote
granules as reported on the tutorial

Please, let us know.

Regards,

Daniele Romagnoli

Visit http://bit.ly/gs-services-us for more information.
==

Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions Group
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Mail
priva di virus. www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>