De : emmexx <emm...@tiscalinet.it>
Envoyé : 5 novembre 2021 07:38
À : geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
<geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Objet : Re: [Geoserver-users] WPS and CORS

On 11/5/21 11:44 AM, Andrea Aime wrote:
> Stop right there. The instructions say:
> "The standalone distributions of GeoServer include the Jetty application
> server."
> and then instructions on how to enable it for Jetty follow... the
> filters in web.xml
> do work only in Jetty, not in Tomcat.

Sorry but you are a developer and have a greater knowledge of how
everything works, to a final user certain nuances in wording can be of
no or little meaning.

The documentation page about Cors has examples of filters for Jetty and
Tomcat and from what I understand one has to use one filter if using
Jetty or the other filter if using Tomcat.
The web.xml file that is inside geoserver.war has the 2 types of filters
commented out, one for Jetty and one for Tomcat and the comment is:
"Uncomment following filter to enable CORS in Tomcat. Do not forget the
second config block further down."
So I don't understand what you mean by "the filters in web.xml
do work only in Jetty, not in Tomcat."

Thank you
        maxx