Hi list members!

I started with Geoserver on a Windows 2016 server some time ago. Since I had problems with high CPU & memory usage I tried a Linux installation which seemed much better. For various reasons I now went back to Windows on a more capable server (4 CPU / 8 GB RAM) which I thought would be able to run Geoserver better than the first installation.

But unfortunately the same issue on Windows again. On startup the service goes up to approx 70%, idles around 1-2 % CPU but still hogs about 600MB of RAM. Logging into the web admin brings the CPU up to 50%. The main issue is that a layer request makes it spike at around 90% and 2.5GB RAM and then it just stays there without me making any more requests. Now it's game over until after the service is restarted which by the way is not possible. I have to kill the process and start the service.

The layer in question is loading an ImageMosaic layer with images on disk and the time/elevation data in PostgreSQL. A windbarb SLD is applied to the layer.

Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting this?

Thanks in advance!

Niklas