-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lähettäjä: Alexander, Colin via Geoserver-users
<geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Lähetetty: keskiviikko 30. maaliskuuta 2022 3.53
Vastaanottaja: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Aihe: [Geoserver-users] LDAP past version 15.2

Hello,

I really hope I'm in the right place, took me 2 hours to figure out this
support system. I've been battling with this problem alongside IT for over 3
weeks now. Not a single inch of progress.

Subject: ActiveDirectory/ LDAP group authentication.
Works fine in 15.2, broken in 15.3 and every version after.
I've installed about 7 different versions over the the last few days, and the
only one that works with LDAP groups for authentication is 15.2 and below.

Ex log (15.3 and above):

DEBUG [ldap.BindingLdapAuthoritiesPopulator] - Roles from search: []

Same setup using 15.2:

DEBUG [ldap.BindingLdapAuthoritiesPopulator] - Roles from search:
[ROLE_AUTHENTICATED, ADMIN, GROUP_ADMIN, GEO_ADMIN(ldap group)]

There are numerous threads on this subject, all without any solutions.

First question: Has goeserver been abandoned? It's hard to image that no one
has addressed this bug during 4 major version releases. But the docs are the
exact same.

Second question: Does anyone, anywhere, know what might be causing this?
Solutons? hacks/quick fixes?

I'm sorry if I seem obtuse about this. I'm at my wits end, ive visited almost
every link on the matter, including Spring docs. I am politely begging for any
constructive input on this problem.

Thanks

This email, including any attachments, contains information intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged and/or confidential or is otherwise protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient or agent or an employee responsible
for delivering the communication to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, use, disclosure, copying and/or distribution of its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify us immediately by reply to sender only and destroy the original.