Had a little trouble with jetty and the bin released (we uploaded jetty but
not the "start.jar" used to start up jetty.
I just uploaded the fix to source forge.

If anyone is available to test the windows installer I am not sure if it
has the same problem or not?

The correct start jar was provided by Andrea here: start.jar
<https://github.com/aaime/geoserver/blob/dc310ed3d8852f462584643510808ad261811521/src/release/jetty/start.jar>

Downloaded from:
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jetty/jetty-start/9.4.48.v20220622/jetty-start-9.4.48.v20220622-shaded.jar
and renamed to start.jar