Hello,

The documentation[1] states that the logging profile filenames located in the/GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR/logs/ folder must match the /*_LOGGING.*/ expression. But in practice we realized that they must actually end with /_LOGGING.xml/ in order to appear in the settings page. Looking at the source-code we found two references [2][3] to the profile filename checking (although we might be missing more). As it can be seen in the code, one is checking just for the presence of /_LOGGING/, and the other if the name ends with/_LOGGING.xml/.

So at this point we are not sure if it's a documentation or code bug. Would be happy to open a Jira issue after knowing your opinion on this.

[1] https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/configuration/logging.html#custom-logging-profiles

[2] https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/blob/fff7f21864727c238f72206ace54a0ae2bef532c/src/web/core/src/main/java/org/geoserver/web/admin/GlobalSettingsPage.java#L276

[3] https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/blob/cc0e4cc922db1684f1fc9fb4a7ff0e871e179599/src/main/src/main/java/org/geoserver/logging/LoggingUtilsDelegate.java#L581

Thank you

--
*BINGEN GALARTZA IPARRAGIRRE*

magnet.coop
Santa Marina 3, OƱati (20560)
i...@magnet.coop
*www.magnet.coop*

/This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are expressly prohibited from reading, copying, distributing, disseminating or, in any other way, using any of the information without the Magnet consent. Please note that Internet e-mail guarantees neither the confidentiality nor the proper receipt of the message sent, so that Magnet shall not be liable for any damages caused. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Magnet liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavors to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted./