It feels like you missed the point of vector tiles - which was to let the
clients to this work 🙂

If you wish to be kind you can pre the data for the clients:

   1. Consider using the "new" ability to update feature type with a
   dynamically created value; and then make a column using a CQL expression.

   1. Then in your vector tile included the resulting column
   2. And then let the client side do the logic to select

But really if they are going to choose, let them choose ... on the client.
Serve the same "complete" dataset up to all clients so they can take
advantage of caching and "economies of scale"....
--
Jody Garnett