Hi guys,

I have setup demo Geoserver HA cluster using peer-to-peer out-of-box approach
with shared directory using NFS.
Setup is following:
- 2 virtual instances with exact same configuration using embedded brokers with
multicast,
- Oracle Linux 8.x,
- Jetty version that Geoserver app is using, exact same version,
- Geoserver 2.23.1,
- OpenJDK 17.
For cluster instance names are
instancename1(instancename2).domainname.com<http://domainname.com/>.
Same setting applies for embedded broker configuration.
Configurations for cluster and broker are in separate directories.

Scenario will not include many configuration changes and that is why
peer-to-peer approach.

Instance discovery works fine, traffic is visible, they interconnect using
embedded brokers.
However, instances do not communicate any change between themselves.
When I failover instance, no configuration change (even small one) has been
changed between instances.
I have checked queues on both instances, tested traffic via queues, and
ActiveMQ works.
Only, when testing queues I have JMS response "no instanceName is set", hence I
saw that instanceName is embedded in ObjectMessage body.
Also, client.JMSContainer component constantly logs message "... did not
receive a message", because there is no producer.
Is there any Geoserver webapp parameter or webapp wiring parameter that can
enable Geoserver webapp to produce messages via JMS or what can be wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Kosta Čavić

DevOps Engineer

High Tech Engineering Center llc.

Mladena Stojanovića 30, 78000 Banja Luka, RS, BiH

Phone: +381 (0)65 481 640

Skype: kosta.cavic

[X]<http://htecgroup.com/>