Dear list,

I'm trying to convert an orthoimagery ESRI mosaic dataset for into an image
pyramid served by Geoserver. As for storage capacity reasons I want to reuse
all images of the mosaic dataset for the image pyramid. The image granules are
compressed with JPEG compression algorithm. The pyramid as well as all
overviews are defined in CRS EPSG:25832. For the level 0 the granules are in
different/heterogenous projections.

So far I could reuse all images and create an image pyramid served by
Geoserver. My actual problem is, that I'm seeing compression artefacts for the
no data areas in the overviews. That means I'm seeing some pixels of the no
data area as they are having a slightly different value as the no data value.
Also I'm having white and black areas at the edges of the image mosaic within
the source images (level 0) with actually no data. So my guess was to create a
footprint shape clipping the images. That worked very well for the overview
levels. Unfortunately when viewing the WMS at level 0 no image at all is shown.
The footprint shape has the same CRS as the index shape (EPSG:25832). So my
question is, does the footprint shape actually work with image granules in
different/heterogenous CRS?

Another question: Is there an alternative way to remove the no-data compression
artefacts at the edges in the overviews without reprocessing the images?

Kind regards, Dirk