I have a question here. I don't follow the process of GT 2.3 development and
latest changes, but does it mean that specifying FeatureFactory for
particular DataStore, the last one starts to use factory to produce features
by its readers/writers ?

That is what I thought earlier about how useful is this functionality. GT
was tightly coupled with default implementation of Feature API..  For
example I wanted that ShapefileDataStore produced objects of my own
implementation of Feature interface.. probably instances of classes being
inherited from default implementation classes and having my additional
methods that I could use by casting to my implementation class later on.

Am I right that now we  can inject FeatureFactory to DataStore?

Vitali.