Adrian Custer a écrit :
> As I understand it Simone is using the branch. uDig will port to it.
> That will flesh out bugs. Those bugs can be addressed in 2.3.x releases
> just as well as they could prior to 2.3.0. Are there active bug fixes
> happening on 2.3.x? Is there any reason to hold back on that release? If
> not I'd just assume get the release out so we can consider the branch
> stable i.e. closed.

There is one open issue but I don't know if it affect anyone other than myself.
As part of the coverage branch merge, we had one API change that doesn't went
the usual "deprecate - then remove" cycle:

    Object Coverage.evaluate(DirectPosition)

as been modified to

    Set Coverage.evaluate(DirectPosition)

with a different semantic. This change at least one application (namely
http://seagis.sourceforge.net). It is not a big deal - I will try to update my
application. But I have no idea if it break any application other than mine. I
wanted to review the coverage branch merge, but never had the time to do that
yet. Maybe I would like to suggest some changes after the review, which would
put us again at risk of API changes in coverage stuff.

So the question is: do we want to release Geotools anyway and tell the users
that the coverage part may be less frozen than some other Geotools parts?

        Martin