I never quite understood the purpose of TypedFIDMapper but tried to keep
the functionality
consistent with the changes I made to the FIDMapper classes.

If the DefaultFIDMapperFactory is changed, it will break some of the DB2
junit testcases although
this isn't a major problem.  Whether it breaks anything else is anyones guess.

Regards,
David