Simone Giannecchini a écrit :
> Well, I see that you never fought with the reversed-axis problem but
> believe me when everybody understands lon,lat while our crs where
> mostly lat,lon these methods come pretty hand to reverse things .-).

I never fought the reversed-axis problem in the sense that J2D-renderer was
coded correctly right from the begining in this regard - I had this issue in
mind back in 2001 (when I wrote the first draft of a referencing module), as
well as generic rotations. J2D-renderer was weak on other aspects, but in the
particular case of CRS and transformations, I don't think that
StreamingRenderer
has reached the level of support that J2D-renderer had.

As a first approach (short term), it would be suffisient to replace:

    boolean lonFirst = GeneralDirectPosition.swapXY(coordinate_system);

by

    boolean lonFirst = XAffineTransform.getSwapXY(affine_transform) != -1;

when 'lonFirst' is used for choosing the AffineTransform.getFoo() methods to
invoke. But in longer term, every piece of code like this one:

    boolean lonFirst = a value related directly or indirectly to AffineTransform
    if (lonFirst) {
       // Do some stuff with AffineTransform
    } else {
       // Do some other stuff with AffineTransform
    }

is suspect. Its my turn to said "believe me" :). In many case, the code above
can be replaced by matrix operations in a more generic way. But we can revisit
that later.

        Best regards,

                Martin