Hi all,

FYI, I'm going to start working on the implementation of the proposal to bring
Feature to our DataStore API
<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/FeatureAccess+super+class+for+DataStore>.

This means I'll be introducing generics on the DataStore API and thus updating
all the modules accordingly. For the ones not keeping up to speed with the
proposal, that means where you had:
DataStore ds = ... you'll still do, but where you had
FeatureSource fs = ds.getFeatureSource(typeName)
it will become:
FeatureSource<SimpleFeatureType, SimpleFeature> fs =
ds.getFeatureSource(typeName);

and not much more, except the same change for FeatureStore and
FeatureCollection, and the addition of a getNames():List<Name> method to
datastore which should be handled transparently for those extending
AbstractDataStore and JDBCDataStore.

I've been also updating the proposal pages under 2.5.x
<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Proposals> so their excerpt
reflect their status with the usual red=no progress, yellow=in progress,
green=ready star colors convention. For those I couldn't be sure about its
status I've left it empty, but would be nice if the responsibles could update
so we can have an overall idea of proposal progress by looking at the
proposals page.

Cheers,

Gabriel