Hi Felipe,

On Wednesday 02 April 2008 03:02:31 am felipe gutierrez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do I need a database EPSG to create a program only to open an image of a
> directory on my pc and Show in a JFrame?
short answer is yes. You can barely do anything geospatial without a
referencing system. The EPSG database is where getotools gets the coordinate
reference system definitions from.
It does not mean you need to set up a complicated database yourself, but just
make sure one and only one of the epsg implementations in geotools is in your
classpath. Probably the safer option is to use the epsg-hsql module.

> Someone have one code source that do it ? I need quickly.
look at <http://svn.geotools.org/geotools/branches/2.4.x/demo/introduction>

regards,

Gabriel