Hi Ben,

sorry for the late response.

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 03:33:15 am Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
> I have been working on GS 1.6.x / GT 2.4.x, and have tangled with a few
> GML3 binding overrides required to get community-schemas to work as
> expected for GeoSciML Testbed 3.
>
> At some stage, community-schemas will need to be ported to the trunks of
> GS and GT. I am trying to understand how much this process will be
> helped by the changes to the feature/attribute model introduced in trunk
> (by Gabriel Roldán?).
>
> (1) Are binding overrides principally necessary because of the wrapping
> required to support complex features in GS 1.6.x / GT 2.4.x?
exactly

> (2) If so, does this mean that the new feature model will remove the
> need for (most) binding overrides?
yeah, that's what should happen

> (3) Will the GML3 bindings be regenerated for the new feature/attribute
> model? (I am an EMF ignoramus.)
Basically the overrides we're using should replace the current ones. ie, the
current ones operates on the Feature.getAttribute(..) returns actual value
paradigm, and the new FM does Feature.getAttribte(..) returns Attribute,
which is why we use overrides.

cheers,

Gabriel