Indeed.  '#' can be troublesome in web requests (if not escaped
properly).

Also, it shouldn't matter what the "ID" character is in CQL ('@','#',
etc.) as long as there is a way to 'escape' that character when it
appears as a part of the query.  I.e., if there's a '\#' character pair,
then that's treated as a literal #, not as an ID specifier, no?

--saul