Ciao Mediii,
on Monday we discussed how to proceed on the 19108 implementation and
the agreement we found was as follows:

1> you (or someone over there :-) ) committing the version of the code
2> us reviewing and commenting the code you have committed
3> deciding how to proceed (joda vs non-joda as an instance)

Just to recap, since I got distracted by other tasks, what is the
current situation on your side?

Thanks,
Simone

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 6:03 PM, mediii <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Simone,
>
> With Martin, we though that it would be safer to leave aside Joda Time for
> now because introducing new dependencies in metadata or referencing library
> (where a temporal framework should probably lives) is a sensitive issue. We
> would like to avoid adding an additional layer of controverse on top of JAXB
> in metadata. We see the issue as different than JAXB in that there is no
> alternative to JAXB in the JDK, while there is alternatives (admitly
> inferiors) to Joda in current JDK.
>
> Furthermore Joda is expected to be included in JDK 7, but under another name
> (see Date And Time API JSR 310). We would like to wait for its inclusion in
> JDK 7 in order to use the Java classes with their appropriate name, and thus
> avoid breaking public API during the switch from Joda to JDK 7.
>
> For un/marshalling threads we use JAXB and the implementation is based on
> jdk6. Currently I have implemented the most important classes of ISO19108
> and I have just begun the JUnit tests.
>
> Mehdi.

Eng. Simone Giannecchini
President /CEO GeoSolutions S.A.S.