Hey all,

I'm starting to read the commit log regularly due to my using mercurial
more and more often. You can see an example of what I read here:
  http://hg.geomatys.fr/geotools/trunk/

As you can see, the commit messages lack specificity; it's hard to tell
what they were for since this info appears, if it does, in a different
place in each message.

If each of you is willing, perhaps we could all start our commit
messages with some indication of the overall purpose of the commit or
the module to which it applies? I imagine something like:

        Fix demo/introduction: get this working again.
        Feature work: main/api needed fixes for ...
        Cleanup the core modules: general cleanup for ..

leaving everyone free, of course, to decide how to define what they are
committing.

cheers,
  adrian