Ed Hill wrote:
> I need to get GeoTools to build without testErrors.  In my quest to do this I
> have run into many test errors.  I’m not sure if these are known errors or
> if I am just totally screwing up the build process on my computer.
The build is working for me right now; and there are several build bots
(such as hudson) which you can look at to see if the build is working.

> One particular error that I have run into is a test in ParametersTest.java.
> The
> error is caused due to the following line of code:
>
> writer.format(group); // Ensure there is no exception there.
>
> I assume that this is a known error because of the comment line.  The reason
> this line causes an error, on my computer, is because the variable writer,
> of type ParameterWriter, does not have a function call format that takes a
> variable of type ParameterGroup.  I added in the following to
> ParameterWriter.java and the test passes.
>
> public void format(final ParameterGroup group) {}

You may of noticed the occasionaly email (one was sent yesterday) asking
you to build with -u
ie....
mvn clean install -u

This will fetch a new copy of the geoapi SNAPSHOT jars (and any other
SNAPSHOT jars); because ParameterGroup is is a geoapi class I am
recommending this.

> I now have the issue of errors in 26 tests in org.geotools.coverage.grid.*
> I’m trying to find my way through these test errors now.  Are this many test
> errors normal?
no.
> Am I missing something?
common things to miss:
- maven version; 2.0.9
- the correct version; use -u to fetch the latest SNAPSHOT
- java version: we are using Java 5 right now; often you will have
errors if you are using Java 6 ...
- Are JAI and ImageIO installed into your JDK (our build process is
mostly okay now; but if you are building an older version of GeoTools
this may be a problem)

Cheers;