Ciao Lee,
please read below...

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Lee Breisacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to setup GeoTools in eclipse for (possible) development. I've
> followed the instructions in the Developer's Guide re maven, svn, etc.
> I'm quite familiar with svn and eclipse and java, but I'm new to GeoTools.
>
> The problem I'm running into is eclipse project names and dependencies.
> When I import the GeoTools projects (after running mvn eclipse:eclipse),
> the project names do not have a "gt-" prefix (although the <name>
> elements in the .project files *do* include the gt- prefix).

Mmmhh, this is quite strange, anyway, I would recommend doing a full
build before trying to recreate the project tree in eclipse; this
usually help try to avoid problems with external dependencies and the
like.

> But the
> dependencies in the other .project files use the gt- prefix, e.g.
>
>     <project>gt-metadata</project>
>
> So the inter-project dependencies are not working.

Just out of curiosity, whats the platform you are working? What's the
maven version? What's the java version? Even though I have never
experienced this problem, it might be interesting to try to reproduce
it.

> I found a bit of discussion about this here:
>
>   http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Module+renaming
> and here:
>   GEOT-995
> but I'm still confused.

I don't think this is causing your problem. I would try to do a full
build as I said above, as well as providing more info.

Ciao,
Simone.

> I'm running eclipse 3.4.0 and I've tried it with both the released gt
> 2.4.4 src.zip and directly checked out from /trunk.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lee

Eng. Simone Giannecchini