On Sunday 26 October 2008 10:54:37 Andrea Aime wrote:
> Mauricio Pazos ha scritto:
> > Hi, I am finishing the documentation of the new TXT parser, i think is
> > the moment to consider this work and vote.
> >
> > For details, take a look at the following link:
> >
> > http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Extention+of+CQL+to+match+abili
> >ties+of+Filter
>
> Here everything looks file. I followed one link in that page that
> led me to this one:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/TXT+Language+Analysis
>
> I have a few observations there (more like questions, it's not like
> I'm asking to address any of these):
> - the like filter still asks for a literal pattern. Why so, can't one
>    have an expression that builds the pattern instead? Something like:
>    att1 like (att2 + '%')

In this extension, it is not possible. It require an string. But we could
think in it for the future. (I will attach this in my requirement list)

>    Anyways, just a minor detail.
> - the values in the IN predicate, can they be expressions?
yes, they can. You could write
"length IN ((1+2),3-4,[5*6])"

(take a look at org.geotools.filter.text.txt.TXTINPredicateTest ;
binaryExpression() and funcition()         )

> > To see how the new parser work I recommend the unit test included in
> >
> > http://svn.geotools.org/trunk/modules/library/cql/src/test/java/org/geoto
> >ols/filter/text/txt/TXTTest.java
> >
> > and the user documentation
> >
> > http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/03+TXT+Examples
> >
> > You can find a lot of examples in the package
> >
> > cql/src/test/java/org.geotools.filter.text.txt
> >
> > The details about the new TXT grammar is in the following link:
> >
> > http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/TXT+Parser+Design
> >
> > Note that in the proposal, I add a release column, but it is only an idea
> > (maybe this is a PMC work?). If you feel that the strategy release should
> > be other, I will not problem to change or backport this work to 2.5.x
> > branch.
>
> Looks fine to me for now, although of course it delays the usability
> of TXT for GeoServer by 6 months. I guess we're always free to do a
> backport later no?
I think yes.

> Ah, +1 for the proposal.
>
> Cheers
> Andrea

I will add more IN (expression, expression, ...)  samples in the user doc.

Thanks for your review.

cheers.

--
Mauricio Pazos