I usually mark it as resolved; and wait for my contact in the user community
(that I am fixing the bug for) to let me know if it solved there problem. If
I have a test case and can confirm it fixed the problem raised I will close
it.
Jody
PS. And if I am my own user (say fixing a bug for udig) I will close the
issue when it has actually fixed the bug as demonstrated in my application