Rob Atkinson wrote:
> (warning - rhetorical question) Why do we want a SimpleFeature at all?

In my view, simple feature types exist to support the easy construction
of types from unstructured data such as database views and shapefiles.
They allow, at runtime, decisions such as: can this type be edited at
runtime in our primitive GUI type editor? It is my opinion that these
questions are best answered from data, and not coded using the Java type
system. I think that both GeoAPI and the implementation could do with
simplification (no pun intended), and getting rid of simple features
would be a good start.

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineer, CSIRO Exploration and Mining