Thus far I am unclear how to turn off date-versioned SNAPSHOTS on the
OpenGeo repository.

I have been splicing in the opengeo distributionManagement entry with
the -Pdeploy.opengeo profile. I have verified this worked using mvn
help:effective-pom.

My next idea is we need to scrub the 2.6-SNAPSHOT directories out of
the opengeo repository and try again; guessing that the pom.xml files
uploaded there are tripping us up.

In researching this I did find an alternative to use a profile; it
looks like we ca list the opengeo repository as the snapshort
repository:

  <distributionManagement>
    <repository>
      <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
      <id>osgeo</id>
      <name>Open Source Geospatial Foundation - Maven 2 repo</name>
      <url>dav:http://download.osgeo.org/webdav/geotools/</url>
    </repository>
    <snapshotRepository>
        <repository>