Hi PMC,

This is to inform I'm about to create a new project under the
plugin/arcsde umbrella.

I am developing JNDI support for the ArcSDE module.
But as ArcSDE is not jdbc related, there's no JNDI ObjectFactory that
can deal with it (as opposed to javax.sql.DataSource for which J2EE
containers come already shipped with an ObjectFactory for, or rather you
need to set the specific database jars on the container's common class
loader).

So the way to allow an ArcSDE connection config or even an ArcSDE
connection pool out of a JNDI context, is to provide a custom
javax.naming.ObjectFactory to be placed on the container's common class
loader (hence visible both to the container and the web applications).

Having my ObjectFactory on the same jar than the rest of the plugin
doesn't work at least I put all the plugin dependencies on the common
classloader to (eg, mv webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/*jar lib/), which
is less than optimal. Hence the need for a separate jar.

If any objections, please speak out soon.

Cheers,
Gabriel
--
Gabriel Roldan