Ben Caradoc-Davies ha scritto:
> Andrea Aime wrote:
>> Simple: setting up a JNDI connection pool is _hard_ for most of the
>> people (go ask Ben how much time he wasted setting it up, and
>> I can tell you I cursed Tomcat for a good two hours before I got my
>> JNDI pool working).
>
> This is a documentation issue. Decent examples, such as Andrea's JNDI
> tutorial, make things much easier. I spent more time getting JNDI to
> work with embedded Jetty.

Hmmm... I guess when we think about "user" we think different things.

When I think "user" I think someone that is scared to hand edit a text
file sporting anything more than a very simple syntax,
someone that can do his job mainly with point and click interface.

That is, the typical windows box admin, or more importantly, the
GIS person that is evaluating the next software to be used (which is
not necessarily the person that will do the production install).
If people were so keen on editing files everybody not in a need
for WFS-T or app schema would probably flock to MapServer no?

Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org