From: Volker Mische [mailto:volker.mis...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 27 October 2009 12:32 PM
To: Jody Garnett
Subject: RESTful datastore for GeoTools

Hi,

In case anyone wants to create a RESTful HTTP (with GeoJSON) datastore,
here are my findings (I tried that yesterday, but ran out of time and
skills). There is a prototype in JIRA already [1], which uses it's own
GeoJSON parser [2]. As its code base is for GeoTools 2.4 I would code
the datastore from scratch, with that one as a template. For GeoJSON
parsing I'd use the one from the Mapfish project [3] instead.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-1927
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-1924
[3]
http://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/browser/contribs/java-geojson/trunk/src/main/java/org/mapfish/geo