Hi all,

We use the ows emf models extensively in GeoServer as "request objects".
That is a request comes in, we parse it into an emf model object, and
then the object gets passed down the chain while the request is processed.

One of the problems we face with this approach is that the model (which
is generated directly from the original xsd for the service) does not
always encompass what we want to capture. For instance consider the idea
of format_options. Or setting the base url for a request. Basically any
bit of "extended" information that needs to be associated with a request
object.

I have some additional requirements of stuff to add in GeoServer but at
the same time i do not want to further pollute the model objects. So
what I would like to do is for all the models we have add a
"clientProperties" map property that can capture this kind of stuff.

Thoughts? Objections?

-Justin

--
Justin Deoliveira